I've been seriously slacking on blogging lately. People have asked if something was wrong with their browser...that maybe things weren't updating like they should or something. Nope...it's just me...not writing over here.
I'd like to partially blame Lincoln for my writing hiatus. You see, before I met him, I had all of these awful dating stories to write about or weird random things happening to me when I'd go out in public places, but since we've been together, I obviously don't have the awful dating stories, and my weird things happening in public seems to be on the decline as well. Sure, there are still weird/funny things that happen that I should probably be writing about, but I've had a few other things on the 'ol brain lately.
- OUR WEDDING. Heller, it's five months from Monday. Luckily it's pretty much done, we're just playing the waiting game now until probably a few weeks before the wedding. I should write a post about all of our fun wedding stuff, huh?
- Flights and Kites; I'm planning a fundraiser in February, one month almost to the date, before our wedding. Things haven't quite gone as planned with this event... First, we booked a venue only to have the venue go out of business a few months after booking it. Along with the business going out, we lost our deposit. [WE'RE A NON-PROFIT! We don't have money to lose!!] OY. So because the space was booked far enough in advance we were able to look at other options. Everything is so expensive though. We got a steal with our original space....damn. Also, because we had to find a new space, we've had to deal with a lot of insurance issues, rental drama, and now we're trying to figure out how to decorate our new space. It will all work out, but it has been a little stressful lately!
- I'm moving. There's the big one that's been causing me some anxiety lately! Not because I'm not excited to move, but because with moving, that meant that I had to tell my current employer that I was moving and that I'll eventually have to put my house on the market....
- I'm doing some updates to my house. Nothing major. Luckily my house is cute :). I just needed to replace the nasty linoleum in my bathrooms. Ew. I'll take some before and afters, don't you worry!
- We're doing some updates to Lincoln's house. Lincoln's house is very cute. It's also on the older side. He replaced the orange carpeting in his house prior to me coming into the picture (THANK GOD), but his bathroom is a little (and by a little, I mean a lot) outdated. So, at the beginning of next year, we're doing a complete remodel in the bathroom. If anyone tries to tell you that bathroom updates are cheap, they're lying.
- My nephew. Duh, he's new and cute and cuddly and I just want to hang out with him and stuff. And also, he's growing like a weed!
- All of my friends are either getting married or are knocked up. It's true. It's that time of year when everyone and their dog decided to either get hitched or to have a baby! Next year is going to be VERY busy. In the last month or so, I've had 4 friends get engaged!