Monday, May 14, 2012

moving on

Yesterday I packed up the final few boxes of stuff from my house in Kansas City.

While I'm so happy to have my house sold and to have everything moved into our new house; it also feels very surreal.

It's weird that I will never go back to that house or that street to walk into my house again. 

 
I mean, someone new is moving into my house that I owned for over three years. 

Three years doesn't sound like long, but a lot of stuff happened in that house:

It was the first house that I owned.
It was the first time I lived on my own in that house.
I was responsible for ALL of the things that didn't work in that house.
I had to mow the yard and shovel ALL of the snow in that house.
I brought my sweet dog Laila home to that house.
My friends and I shared a lot of laughs in that house.
I hosted many parties, baby and wedding showers in that house.
I fell in love in that house.
 

So while I'm more than happy to have moved on to a new stage in my life; this house was the first of many things for me. 

I'd like to think that I did a lot of growing up in that house.

So long, Shawnee house! I'll miss you!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about our house. We've been there 6 years and I know I'll miss it someday...but right now I really want out of it ;)

    Congrats on the big move! Change is good, makes you appreciative right?

    ReplyDelete