Tuesday, November 12, 2013

33 Weeks (November 3 - November 10)

I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions like crazy lately! They don't hurt at all, but my stomach gets rock hard (I mean it was pre-baby anyway, but it is way harder now if you can even imagine), and at times it's uncomfortable to stand or sit...lying down is the best position for me! :)

We had a short week at work this week because Lincoln had a conference in Branson, MO for work and I got to tag along.  We left for Branson Thursday morning and got there early afternoon that day.  We were able to do a little shopping that afternoon before our evening plans.

That evening we had tickets (with the group we were with) to go on the Showboat Branson Belle.  Now, if you've never been to Branson, you're missing out...lets just say it's geared towards those in the 60+ age category. 

Sure, there are plenty of things for younger people to do, but if you're out walking around the average age is 65-70 years or older.  There are also A LOT of buses.  The Branson Belle is a riverboat that holds like 700 people or something.  They do a variety show and serve you dinner. 

Branson was already decked out for Christmas when we arrived, so I loved it.  The dinner show had ALL Christmas music, so I was able to sing a long to pretty much every song.  Lincoln loved my singing. Dinner on the boat was not so great...I pretty much had my salad, a few bites of chicken, some sugar snap peas, and my dessert. There was some roast beef stuff smothered in gravy and instant mashed potatoes. Ew.



Friday, Lincoln had meetings in the morning and golf in the afternoon, so I had a whole day to myself to go shopping!  I did well. We'll just keep it at that.  Nothing really for myself, I just finished a few Christmas and birthday presents. I was able to sleep in a little and just relax in the afternoon after I was done with my shopping spree.  We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake and had a really pretty view over the lake in the morning:

 
The hotel was also all decked out for Christmas and they had these giant gingerbread houses on display:
 
 
Friday night there was a dinner at our hotel along with a comedian/magician.  I have NO idea how this magician did any of the tricks he did. I am in awe of their talent.
 
We were planning to spend the day Saturday doing other touristy things in Branson, however we learned after planning the trip, that our baby class at the hospital was also that weekend from 10-4.  Ugh.  SO, we got up bright and early Saturday morning (4:30 to be exact) to get ready and get on the road for our trip back home.  We originally thought the trip would take us 5 1/2+ hours, but we must have been driving like NASCAR drivers and we made it back in 4 1/2 hours. Instead of being late to our baby class we were right on time. 
 
Originally there were supposed to be at least 4 or 5 other couples in the class on both days, however, we ended up being the ONLY COUPLE THERE FOR BOTH DAYS!  I mean, don't get me wrong, it was great to get the one-on-one attention with the nurses and to get all of our questions answered, it just would have made things a little less awkward at times and it would have been nice to bounce questions and ideas off of other soon to be parents.
 
Saturday evening we had a surprise birthday party for one of our friends.  I think the babe knew that my body was tired...I was having a lot of braxton hicks contractions while we were at the bar for awhile. Luckily, we didn't stay out too long! 
 
 

The baby is the size of a durian (what the heck?!)--or a pineapple.  This week the baby weighs about 4.2 - 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 -18.7".  He may even grow up to a full inch this week! He's turning into a curious kid who can keep his eyes open while awake, and he's starting to coordinate her breathing with sucking and swallowing.  The baby bones are starting to harden as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment