Monday, November 4, 2013

32 Weeks (October 27 - November 3)

I started out the weekend thinking that I would get a lot of things done....however, after getting home late from Wicked on Friday night, my body had other plans.  It was tired.  So, of course, I had to do what it was telling me too....

On Sunday, Lincoln woke up early to go the Chiefs game with some friends.  I woke up when we was leaving and promptly went back to bed.  I got up to eat breakfast and a half hour or so after that, the dog and I made our way back to bed...I managed to miss church, and almost missed lunch.  I guess I needed some sleep...

I had planned on cleaning the house, doing laundry, getting groceries, making some food for the week, and lounging around, but it just wasn't in the cards for the day! I did get some of those things done, just not quite as much as I had planned. Oh well!

In addition to my big plans for the day, I was also having some maternity pictures taken.  Lincoln was supposed to be there for them, but my forgetfulness has been sinking in full force lately and I told him to go to the game even though we already had pictures set up...ugh. Luckily, our photographer was really flexible, so we did some of just me on Sunday and we'll squeeze Lincoln in sometime this week.  All of the trees are turning colors and everything is so pretty right now, so I think we got a few really good ones!  Here's a little preview:

 
Don't the trees look fake here?!
 
 
Isn't she so talented!?
  
This week was also Halloween.  Halloween is a HUGE deal in Hiawatha.  The kids get out of school for it!  They also have two nights of trick or treating.  I thought I had bought more than enough candy for both nights, but for some reason we were all out of candy on the first night and I had to leave my light off on the second night (which was totally fine with me!).  I gave out 2 pieces per child, so it wasn't like someone was taking hand fulls! It never ceases to amaze me that some kids come with more than one bag or that parents trick or treat with their kids and expect to get candy. Oh well, I figure if they want a couple of pieces of candy THAT bad, I'll give it to them.
 
On Friday one of my best friends from college, Jess, came up from TX for the weekend and to go to the KSU football game on Saturday.  I picked her up at the Manhattan airport and then we went to Topeka to meet up with pretty much all of the rest of our college friends for a girls night.  It was so fun to see everyone!
 

On Saturday, Jess and I got up and went back to Manhattan to go to the game and Lincoln met us there. It was a perfect day for football--not too cool, not too warm, and not too much of a breeze.

 
 
The best news of all is that KSU pulled out a win over Iowa State.  Even though Iowa State isn't that good this year, a win is a win!!  Especially with the season that KSU has had so far!

 
The baby is the size of a squash this week! At week 32, the baby weighs in at about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 - 16.7 inches.  He's likely to be in the head down position now, getting ready for his descent--the journey down the birth canal. And not a minute too soon, because at this point, he's probably feeling even more cramped inside mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment