Monday, August 12, 2013

We're having a......BOY! -20 Weeks (August 4-11)

Lots of exciting things going on this week!  Most importantly, we found out what we're having on Thursday!

We also registered at Buy Buy Baby over the weekend and for whatever reason, I was really excited to look at all of the baby things that they had in the store.  I think Lincoln was a little bit overwhelmed...the good news is we're done (for now) and we hopefully won't have to go back in to the store to do any registry stuff.  We can handle most of it on the interwebs for now.

We did get to park in the first spot at BBB; it was raining, so the prime parking spot was helpful!

 
 
This whole week most of my thoughts were consumed with what gender the baby was going to be. I think all of the thinking about what it was made my sleep a little interrupted....for whatever reason I've been waking up between 2-3am every night and unable to fall back asleep for a good hour.  It has not been awesome, but luckily I haven't been that tired when I wake up in the morning.  It hits me when I get home around 4:15 and I need a nap!
 
Lincoln and I went to my sonogram appointment Thursday afternoon and the baby was very active!  I'm thinking it's because I had a delicious lunch right before I went to the doctor!  After doing all of the normal checking of all of the vital organs and stuff, we were finally able to see what we were having. I think some of sono pictures look like an alien....
 
We decided that we would find out at our appointment but wait to share with everyone else until Friday when we'd do a gender reveal party with our family and a few close friends. 
 
I thought that I'd found a cute idea that no one else had used before and then I noticed another friend who was pregnant used it this week also!! 
 
I just wrapped silly string in brown paper and put both pink and blue ribbon on the can and at our party, our nieces and nephews will just spray it out at each other.

 
UNFORTUNATELY, the silly string that was supposed to be blue, came out white!!  What the heck!?   I even had two different brands of silly string from two different stores and we shook the cans up, but something didn't work out right! I guess it has a slightly blue tint to it....ugh.  Oh well!
 
 
Luckily, I made some blue cupcakes, so it was pretty clear what we were having!  My sister was convinced for the longest time it was a girl and had even been bringing me girl clothes that we wore when we were little.  I know she's still excited either way, and honestly, for the longest time, I thought we were having a girl too!
 
 
Here are some pictures from the sonogram of our little guy:
 
I think he's throwing up a peace sign here!
 
He was not shy about showing us what we were having!  I think he looks like a little frog in this picture!
 

 
 
 
This week the little guy is about 10.2 ounces and measures about 6.5" or about the size of a banana.  It's hard to believe that I'm already halfway done! At week 20 he has working taste buds, and is gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment