Friday, August 2, 2013

19 Weeks (July 28-August 4)

I'm tired.  Way more than I have been through the whole pregnancy so far.  All I want to do when I get home from work is to take a nap!  I'm also having an issue of getting out of bed in the morning.  Ugh.

Other than that, this week has been pretty uneventful.

The weather has been so cool for July, it's great!  I find myself looking forward to fall weather even though the temperatures should be near 100 normally for this time of year.  The highs have been in the low 80's and the lows in the 60's.  It's been great!

One bad/strange/disgusting thing did happen this week....you can read about it here.

We did get the baby's room painted this week.  Here's a link to the colors before.  This is what the room looks like now:


Now, I realize that this color may lead you to believe that we're having a boy with our color choice, but that's not the case.  I just found a cute room on pinterest that I thought could be cute for either gender using a color similar to the above.  I'll share more pictures as the room comes together, but this is the color of the room!

We find out next week what we're having!  We can't wait!  In the beginning I thought we were having a girl...then I thought we were having a boy for awhile....now, I have NO IDEA. We've tried taking some of the quizzes online or seeing what the old wives tales say that we're having, and apparently, we're having both.

This weekend we have a wedding in Kansas City, so we're planning to do a little shopping for a crib, recliner, and to register at Buy Buy Baby while we're there.  I'm excited!

Here's the bump this week, it's slowly starting to stick out more! I know there will come a day where I'll want it to NOT stick out as much....but nearing the 20 week mark, it makes it a little easier for people to believe me when I tell them how far along I am if the bump is showing a little bit!



This week the baby is the size of a mango and is measuring about 6" long and weighs about 8.5 ounces.  The baby is developing a protective coating over the skin called vernix caseosa--it's greasy and white and it may be present at birth.  The baby is also working on its five senses.  I have been feeling a lot more aches and stretching in my lower abdomen and aches in my legs lately, which feels great....


No comments:

Post a Comment