Monday, September 9, 2013

24 Weeks (September 1 - 8)

I was SO thankful to have Monday off for Labor Day this week.  After not sleeping much after going to the KSU game on Friday night, sleeping like poo on Saturday night, and having the baby shower on Sunday, I was exhausted.

The most productive thing I did on Monday was write thank you notes!  It was nice to not have to worry about doing much of anything on a day off!

The shower on Sunday was given by some of my good college friends in Kansas City.  One of my friends was back from TX for the long weekend, so we moved the shower up so that she could participate.  It was so fun getting to see everyone!

At they shower they did an ice cream sundae bar, which worked out perfectly since it was SO hot that weekend.  And since I can't seem to get through a day without at least a bite of ice cream...


The hostesses and I!
 
 
Colleen and I are due about 2 weeks apart, however she's measuring 3 weeks ahead of when she thought she was due.  And I didn't realize how much shorter I am than her!

 
Lincoln's mom, my mom, and my sister and I:
 
 
Not sure what's so funny, but I love both of their faces in this picture:

 
 
Friday we went to the high school football game with friends and the metal bleachers are not comfortable.  Luckily the home team won!  After the game my friend Chelsea, who is a nurse came over to remove the stitches I had from getting a mole removed the week before.  I am the biggest weenie.  Seriously. I was freaked out it would hurt or bleed or something....  Unfortunately one of the stiches was done really tight and she didn't have the best equipment, so we were only able to get one of them out.  My mom was able to get the other one out later in the weekend.  Luckily, removing them didn't hurt me one bit. :)




This week the baby is the size of a cantaloupe!  The baby's see-through skin is gradually becoming less translucent and is starting to look more opaque, like ours, but with the a pinkish glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.  He's getting heavier now and weighs 12.7 - 20.8 ounces and is 10.5 - 11.8" long.  There's a lot happening inside the baby as well, and while his lungs have developed, they can't work outside of the womb yet--but he's getting closer to being ready to survive in the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment