Monday, September 23, 2013

26 Weeks (September 15-22)

Oooh, Lord, I was in a MOOD this week. My poor husband and coworkers. Gah.

The worst thing is that I knew that I was in a bad mood or moody, at the very least, and the only reasonable thing to do, apparently, was cry. Luckily, the crying was kept to a minimum and only around Lincoln, but still...not a fun week, this week.

On the positive side, the weather has been fantastic! Fall is in the air!  It's perfect timing because we are getting new windows installed in our house and we can finally open windows and enjoy the fall breeze.

With the window installation, we have pretty much had to clean the entire house and places that probably have not been cleaned in years!  While it sucked seeing all of the dust and dirt all over EVERYTHING, it was a good feeling to get everything clean. Here's a before and after--you can't really tell in this picture, but the windows on the right side are the new ones.  We can already tell a difference in how much sound is kept out and how less drafty the windows are!


I decided that since the baby is due around Christmas, that I should probably get a jump start on Christmas shopping.  I didn't really think that I'd finish so soon...but I'm pretty much done. And it's only September!  Oops.  I'll probably really start freaking Lincoln out when I bust out the Christmas wrapping paper and start wrapping all of the gifts up! 

Most of the gifts started arriving a day or two after I ordered them, so I'm pretty sure that our window guys think that I have a shopping problem....

I also got these cute little Tom's from one of my good high school friends, aren't they adorable!? I can't wait for our little guy to be able to wear them!



We didn't have much of anything going on this weekend and since I felt like I had a bunch of energy, I decided to do some freezer meals for after the baby is born (or for nights when I don't feel like cooking before the baby is born...). I made around 15 differnt meals! Needless to say, my feet were killing me Saturday night when I finished up!

 
 
This week the baby is the size of a head of lettuce!  He's around 13.6-14.8" and around 1.5-2.5 pounds.  His eyes are still forming and they'll open soon.  His eyelashes have grown in and he's getting his immune system ready for the outside world by getting antibodies from me.  His lungs are starting to produce surfactant, the fatty substance that coats the inside lining of the lungs' tiny air sacs, helping them to expand during breathing.  His skin has developed color because is body is making melanin.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally tell new windows! They look great! And so do you! Hoping we can catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete