Wednesday, September 18, 2013

25 Weeks (September 8-15)

The beginning of this week started out rather toasty for the month of September, but by the end of the week, the temps were in the low 60's in the morning and the afternoons were in the 70's.  Pretty perfect if you ask me!

I realized one morning while laying in bed as I was moving my hand around on my belly that as soon as I would stop, baby boy would move all around.  I tried it again, thinking that maybe it was a fluke, but every single time that I'd touch my stomach and stop, he would kick around.  Lincoln was able to feel it too.  It was pretty cool! I must have found a ticklish spot or something!

Lincoln and I did some yard work over the weekend and we had a good family friend's wedding that Saturday night.  My sister, parents, and I all helped with the wedding--they had perfect weather for their wedding and everything went great!

On Sunday, we celebrated Mason's 2nd birthday! I can't believe he's already two! He got a new car and a tractor to drive around the yard in (among many other toys!).

I've been feeling great! I feel like I'm quite a bit more moody or cranky than before I got pregnant though...which is not great. I'm hoping that that little side effect of pregnancy disappears soon...I've also been hungrier, sleepier, and I've been breaking out more, but overall I feel really good.

I've still been able to wear most of my pre-pregnancy clothes (pants with the help of a belly band), but I've been noticing that my boobs are kind of getting out of control. It might just be time to purchase a new bra or two...yikes.

I've also noticed that I really like things spicy when it comes to food.  I've been adding red pepper flakes and jalapenos on pretty much whatever I can.  Hopefully this doesn't backfire and give me heartburn down the road.




The baby now measures around 13 1/2 inches in length and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and is the size of a cauliflower.  During week 25, the baby's nervous system is rapidly developing and he's enjoying knowing which was is up and which way is down.  He's also growing more hair!  The baby is beginning to exchange the long lean look for some baby fat--as this happens, wrinkled skin will smooth out and the baby will start to look more and more like a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment