Friday, October 11, 2013

28 Weeks (September 29 - October 6)

Things are pretty uneventful around here lately. I'm getting larger, that's for sure.
 
For some reason, multiple people have said to me this week that I am finally looking pregnant.  Maybe they've had poor eyesight for the past few weeks? But I'm pretty sure that bump growing on my stomach has been pretty evident for awhile!
 
My cousin and his wife had a little boy on the 3rd and he's adorable (from the pictures I've seen!).
 
The weather has definitely cooled down a lot in the past week.  On Saturday, my mom, sister, Mason and I went to the Maple Leaf Festival in Hiawatha and it was chilly! I don't think we bundled up enough!
 
Lincoln and I did a walk for breast cancer that morning before going to the Maple Leaf Festival and after the walk bought some homemade cinnamon rolls from a vendor set up at the festival. We walked, so we deserved it, right?!
 
Most weekends lately, Lincoln has been helping some friends in the field driving the grain cart or combine, so I'm left at home to do stuff around the house.  I figured it would be a good time to wrap Christmas presents so no one could really make fun of me!
 
I can't believe there are only 12 weeks left! Eek!

 
 
 
The baby is the size of an eggplant this week!  At week 28, the baby is putting on layers of fat and weighs in around 1.5-2.5 pounds, measuring about 13.6-14.8 inches.  His skin is smoother and less wrinkled; his lungs are mature enough that he could probably breathe on his own if he was born prematurely.  His eyes can open and close now and can sense changes to light as well.  The baby's sight will continue to develop during infancy after he's born, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment