Monday, October 21, 2013

29 and 30 Weeks (October 6-20)

I didn't have much to write about for week 29, so I'm combining it with week 30, which is still just as equally as boring.

One piece of fun news is that I had two baby showers within these two weeks!

The first one we had was at my mom and dad's house that my sister, cousin, and sister in laws helped host.  A lot of family and family friends attended this shower.  It was so fun to see everyone and we came away with a bunch of great gifts for the baby!

The following week two friends from Hiawatha hosted a shower for us.  It was such a nice morning and great to get a few more gifts for the little babe.  We played one game where my friend, Kindra, tried to instruct me on how to use a Moby wrap.  Needless to say, I had no idea what I was doing and I'm sure it was pretty funny to everyone there!

On top of both showers, we also got the crib and a book shelf put together for the baby's room.  Things are slowly starting to come together!  It's fun to put everything in it's place after we get home from the baby showers!

 

After the last baby shower, I decided to take back any duplicate gifts to Target and to finish getting a few things that we'll absolutely need before the baby arrives.  I came home and just dumped it all in the living room:

 
It took me awhile to put it all away! There's still stuff that I'm sure we need, but I feel a little better now having a few more diapers and wipes on hand just in case he decides to grace us with his presence a little earlier than planned.

Lately he's been moving around a lot more and his punches and kicks are definitely a lot stronger than before.  Lincoln can easily feel them now and just the other night he got kicked or punched in the face.

 
Week 29 update: The baby is the size of an acorn squash!  He's getting plumper and should be measuring about 15.2-16.7" long and weighing about 2.5-3.8 pounds.  He still has a long way to go and will be TRIPLING his weight before birth.  Oy.  My belly is growing bigger and apparently is getting to about the max it might stretch, so things are a little tight in there for the baby.  He's been extra squirmy and occasionally I can feel him get the hiccups!

 
Week 30 update: The baby is the size of a cucumber!  He's still measuring about the same as week 29, but his skin is continuing to get smoother while his brain is getting wrinklier--to make way for all that essential brain tissue.  He is strong enough now to grasp a finger.

1 comment: