Wednesday, October 2, 2013

27 Weeks (September 22 - 29)

I have been all kinds of screwed up on what day of the week it is or what I have going on this week.  I went to my hair salon on Monday to get my hair done and my appointment wasn't until the following week.  Ugh.

I also have a love/hate relationship with Nebraska Furniture Mart.  I love them because they have everything in one store. I hate them because they're huge, they have the worst time guaranteeing ship dates, and their customer service is kind of lacking.

We ordered our crib from NFM in August and were told that it would be in in two weeks, or the beginning of September.  Every other week I would get an automated phone call from NFM saying the ship date was being pushed out another two weeks. I finally called and spoke to a real live human and all they could tell me was that it was something to do with the manufacturer.  I realize that this has nothing to do with NFM, but I wasn't happy...

Instead of just waiting it out and hoping that it would eventually arrive before the baby arrives (I also realize that I probably won't need the crib until a few weeks or so after the baby is born, but I really want to get the room arranged!), I found a few other places in KC that had similar priced and similar looking cribs.  I found one at Pottery Barn kids and it will be here by the end of the week!

The little dude has been extra active lately and I swear he's doing somersaults in my belly. That or just practicing some kick-boxing.  Every time that I try to get Lincoln to come and feel all of the movement, though, he seems to stop!  He did get to feel a few pretty big kicks this week though!

I've been feeling extra tired lately and I seem to doze off on the couch around 8:30.  My energy is still pretty good throughout the day, but after dinner, I'm ready for a nap!


 
The baby now is around 13.6-14.8" long and 1.5-2.5 pounds!  Not only is he getting larger, but he's becoming a complex little human being.  This is the earliest that he could survive outside if delivered prematurely.
 
His brainstem, which controls most of his vital functions (such as heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure) is nearly fully developed by this point, and his cerebral cortext (which forms consciousness and allows us to think, feel, and perform voluntary actions) is growing more and more, maturing and becoming more complex during the last trimester.  It's more common now for the baby to do karate kicks in my belly.  He can stretch and make grasping motions now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment