Monday, July 15, 2013

16 Weeks (July 7-14)

Lincoln and I were EXHAUSTED Sunday after all of the wedding festivities from the weekend! Instead of taking naps, we went to my parents' house for my birthday lunch and went to St. Joe to do some shopping later that afternoon. I had big plans to buy a new purse that afternoon.
My shopping plans turned out to be a HUGE bust.  I bought a new shower curtain liner. I was in a mood to spend money and I came home with a shower curtain liner. I hate when that happens!  After browsing through Target, Bed Bath, and Pier 1, we went to dinner at 54th Street with my family. 

Originally I wanted to eat Chinese food. I had picked out a restaurant and the VERY next day, a report came out in the paper that there were a bunch of health code violations at this, I picked somewhere else to avoid getting any diseases or mice in our food.
This week was just not my week. I was in an AWFUL mood all week.  I just really didn't feel like talking to anyone, I didn't want to go to work, and overall, I was just a cranky bitch!  I freely admitted it and gave people fair warning!
The fair was going on in town this week and some of the ladies' at work volunteered us to work at the concession stand one night.  I was not looking forward to it.  Working all day and then serving food until 10pm, didn't sound like my idea of fun...luckily it turned out to not be that bad. I was just even more tired on Friday!
Lincoln and I were going to attempt to start priming the baby's room Friday evening.  Instead we decided to be lazy and ordered pizza and watched some of Season 3 of Modern Family.
On Saturday, Lincoln left early that morning to go to Omaha for the Senior Open golf tournament and was there through Sunday evening, so I pretty much had a weekend to myself!
I met up with a couple of friends in Kansas City Saturday afternoon for a late lunch and some shopping.  It was great to catch up!  And I finally found a purse.  Oddly enough it was one I looked at the Sunday before when I didn't buy anything!  Later that evening I met my parents and Mason in St. Joe and did a little shopping at Sam's Club.
On Sunday I decided to start priming the walls in the baby's room.  The room right now is so ugly.  The previous owners had the room painted red with black trim.  It's awful. The picture below doesn't even make it look as bad as it does.  It's much darker in person!  We haven't decided on a color yet, but it will be MUCH lighter!
I still don't feel like I'm showing that much...I can tell. My pants don't fit like normal but in most of my dresses you can see a little bump. For the most part, I don't think people, unless they know I'm pregnant, can tell that there's a baby growing inside my just looks like I'm bloated or a fat roll.  I do feel like I ocassionally have baby brain...I seem to forget things a lot quicker than normal!
This week the baby is the size of an avocado and is about 4.6" long and weighs about 3.5 ouces.  The baby is growing hair, lashes, and eyebrows, and is also listening to my voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in it's ears. Sometimes at night I think I feel the baby moving...although it could be gas. Everything that I read says it will feel like fluttering in my belly.  Hopefully as this week goes on I'll know for sure that's what I'm feeling!


No comments:

Post a Comment