Sunday, October 3, 2010

feeling fallish.

I don't know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but in mine, the weather has been absolutely fabulous lately.  Cool, yes, but the sun is out and it's been perfect for dog walks, yard work, and enjoying a cup of joe on the deck.

It even smells like fall outside; the combination of leaves, bonfires, and the crisp air make me want to spend all day outside. 

Up until today I've had my windows open in my house, but this morning it was just too chilly.  So much so that all I've been wearing today has been sweats and my slippers. 

This cooler weather also makes for great football weather, pumpkins, colorful mums, and yummy fall treats.

Recently, I made these delightful glazed apple bars that one of my favorite bloggers led me to.  Don't they look delicious?!


mmmm, straight from the oven!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Did you add nuts to the topping? That is a genius idea! My Husband read that post and then said "you didn't make those, you lied". I had plans to make them, I just never got to it. I have to make everything gluten free for him. Sometimes I don't have the energy.

    Favorite blogger?! I feel so special! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete