Sunday, October 3, 2010

spandex pants and windsuits.

That used to be all my little sister would wear.  Bless her heart. 


We all go through that terribly awkward stage around the age of like 10 where you have a little growth spurt and nothing fits like it should and you just don't feel pretty, gosh darnit.


My sister for the LONGEST time would only wear windsuits or stretch pants.  She had a multitude of colors and could mix and match so the outfits were endless.  Usually the shirts had a pretty pattern on them, like teddy bears, bees, farm animals, you get the idea, right? 





My mom and I tried for centuries to get her to try on a pair of jeans or at least something that didn't resemble stretch pants or nylon but it was no use.  She loved her stretch pants and windsuits like nobody's business. 





Looking back now, she realizes that the spandex and windsuits weren't the most flattering thing, but the pictures make for great stories.

I remember this one time when we were little I made her do glamour shotsYou know where they tousel your hair and put in way too much aquanet and make you wear hideous outfits?   


This is not my sister, but I wish she had that jacket....

(PS-they are still in business, who knew?!)

She would seriously kill me with her bare hands if I put that picture up, but just imagine:  dream pose + dried flowers + denim + that awkward stage we discussed earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment