Tuesday, November 23, 2010

lunch envy

I have a serious problem lately.

I bring a delicious lunch (usually some sort of leftover from the night before) and all I want is what someone else is eating.  Ugh. 

It has gotten so bad that I've brought in a loaf of bread, peanut butter, and jelly just in case I start gagging over what I'm supposed to be eating (yes this really happened). 


I'm not sure if this is happening because I bring leftovers from the night before and therefore I'm turned off by it since I just ate it? 

I mean, I've never been a big leftover person.  I can typically only eat pasta, pizza, or like grilled chicken as leftovers.  Otherwise, I should probably just throw it out...

I get really sicked out if what I'm eating has gotten soggy somewhere along the way.  You know, like soggy bread.  Or soggy lettuce.  Or soggy taco's (ew). 

My PBJ plan has worked out pretty well so far...except for the days when I don't have time to eat breakfast in between going to the gym, showering, and getting on the road to go to work so I'm forced to make a PBJ or PBB (peanut butter and banana) sandwich to eat for breakfast.  So then it's like too much PB for one day if I eat it for lunch too. 

I think my main problem is cooking for one.  I make more food than what I need and then I feel guilty for not eating it again.

I've always made HUGE meals.  My old roommate used to make fun of me for cooking too much food and not eating the leftovers.  I think this comes from cooking for my family when I was little and apparently that skill of cooking for four has carried over into my single-adult life.

SO, if anyone out there has any fabulous recipes for uno, please, give them to me!! 

OR, if you have any grand ideas for lunch, I'm all ears! 

When 3:00 rolls around I'm usually starving and lord knows that chocolate covered pretzel at work (that's been sitting around for 2 years) isn't going to get eaten.  Oh wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment