Tuesday, December 7, 2010

holiday baking at its finest

A few days ago, my sister and I did some holiday baking.  We made sooo many treats and it took us almost the entire afternoon!  We had a good time baking while the dogs tried to help by running right under our feet in the kitchen and my brother in law cheered the Chiefs to a win over the Broncos in the basement.

The finished product!  I took the boxes to my neighbors, my gym, and a huge box to my coworkers and my sis took the cute little plates to her friends and coworkers! Check out each kind and the recipes below:

These are magic cookie bars, and they are truly magical. :)  Ok, but for real, if you love coconut as much as me, you'll love these: Magic Cookie Bars

These are sooo good!  This was our first attempt at making gingerbread cookies, but these were delightful:
Soft Gingerbread Cookies


These little gems have become a staple in my holiday baking list.  They are sooo good!  Ok, I know that I've said about all of the cookies so far, but I think these are my fave:
White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies

These puppies are a family tradition!  My mom called them marmallow puffs, so I'm going to go with that.  They are SOOOO good, for real.  You should probably make them them. 
Here's the recipe:

1 large package of Marshmallows
1 package of caramels
1 stick of margarine
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
Crushed rice krispies

Freeze marshmallows; melt caramels, butter, and sweetened condensed milk in double boiler.  When melted, dip frozen marshmallows into mixture, roll in rice krispies, and place on wax paper or cookie sheet to cool.  Enjoy!


And then there were these...cherry mash.  They didn't turn out as hot as planned but they were still good.  Since the above recipe didn't work out, here's another:  Cherry Mash Bars

3 comments:

  1. those all look so good, we're doing some holiday baking tonight... and I might just need to make some marshmellow puffs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You are the baking queen, young and sweet only 17....!"

    It all looks amazing! Love the little boxes. Definitely trying those mallow puffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious!
    P.S. I LOVE your header picture! Precious puppy!

    ReplyDelete