Thursday, December 16, 2010

i would make an ideal housewife in case you were wondering

I recently took a few days off from work.  Partially because I wanted some time to relax after a busy weekend, but mostly because I just wanted to be lazy.


I had originally planned to paint my office on my couple of days off and even taped it off last week in order to speed up the painting process on my time off. 


But after venturing to Lowe's and figuring out that the paint color that I chose was going to require me to prime the walls a nice gray color, I gradually kept putting off the task. 




I pulled out my old brushes, laid out some plastic, found my paint tray, and took all of this stuff upstairs, only to have it all still sitting there.  The room, unpainted.




Oh, well, what's the rush...right?  The stuff that was in my office is just hanging out in my spare bedroom...hopefully I won't have any visitors any time soon...


Anyway, since I didn't get around to painting, I did do some pretty awesome domestic tasks around my house and came to the conclusion that I would rock at being a "Real Housewife".  Which just so happens to be one of my favorite TV shows.  Have a look see:


Homemade Cinnamon Rolls




Greek food including tzatziki, spanikopita, hummus and lots of fresh veggies




Changed some lightbulbs (all of them seem to be burning out at the same time! ugh)

This is a big deal for two reasons.

1.   My ceilings are like 20 feet high or something and my ladder is too wide for my closet door; I had to do some major shimmying and a lot of cussing to get this lightbulb changed.

2.  I used to call maintenance in my apartment complex to change lightbulbs...basically because I could.  And they would do it.


Also I spent a lot of time hanging out with my dog.  Even though I was at home all day, she still thought she had to go to her kennel...I guess she likes it in there? 




You should also note that I've reintroduced fancy bedding to her luxurious kennel.  So far so (kind of) good.  Only one small mishap with gnawing a hole in the bottom...I think she likes the stuffing or something...the tiny hole has now turned into the whole bottom of the bedding being torn out.  So much for that...



To drive her batshit crazy, I made her chase a laser pointer around the house.  She loves it, but for the life of her she can't get where the light is coming from!  I enjoy it because she runs around the house like crazy and then she starts panting because she's running so fast trying to catch the light.  Don't worry, we made up by sharing a banana. (she loves them for some reason!)

No comments:

Post a Comment