Saturday, December 4, 2010

rockin' around the christmas tree!

My computer and internets have really been sucking lately, so I've been slacking on putting up pictures so don't mind the randomness of this post, just enjoy the pretty. k? thx.


Yay! My tree is up (well, ok, it's been up for a few weeks already...) but my presents are all wrapped and I'm totally ready for the holiday season!



...the stockings are hung by the chimney with care...um, yeah, there are three there.  One is obviously for Laila; one for me...and the other one used to belong to my roommate, but she moved.  The fireplace wouldn't look right with just two, so I left all three up this year!




Laila really likes to sit and stare at the tree; lately I've been finding her laying underneath it licking the ornaments that are closest to the floor.



If you have a crockpot, you have to make this recipe.  It was so easy and soooo good.  I followed some of the suggestions below the recipe on allrecipes.com and added some onion powder, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce to the rest of the ingredients.  It makes for the perfect meal on a cold night and it's done when you walk in the door from work, how easy is that?!


Yum.  This is the delicious feast at my parents house over Thanksgiving and it could, quite possibly, be the last holiday meal that we have at that house. :( Sad, right?  Well....yes and no.  Yes, because it's the house that we grew up in and no becuase this is the new one that they are very close to finishing:


Isn't she a beaut?  This picture is a month or so old so all of the brick is on the house now.  I'm so excited for my parents!  I think they'll be rather popular when they move into town because even with them not living in the new house yet, they generally have quite a few people stop by to check it out and welcome them to the new neighborhood when they're up there helping!


No comments:

Post a Comment