Thursday, July 4, 2013

10 weeks (May 26-June2)

This week we celebrated Memorial Day by having friends over to our house for a BBQ.  I was a little nervous about what I was going to do about not having a beer in my hand, but I just walked around with a glass of lemonade instead.  I just knew someone would ask me what I was drinking or try to trick me into drinking alcohol because most of our friends had been guessing for awhile that I was pregnant.  Surprisingly, no one asked what I was drinking or why I was just drinking lemonade!

Lincoln and I both thought that we might tell some of our close friends that night, but there was just never a good time to say something when a big group of other people weren't around, so we just waited!

Later in the week, Lincoln called two of his best friends to let them know.  Lincoln called our friend Nick first and his fiance already knew because we golf together on Tuesday nights and she guessed right away when I didn't grab a beer before we started golfing the first night.  She also works in the hospital, so I knew there was a chance that she would find out soon anyway.

When Nick called to tell Chelsea that we were expecting she told him that she already knew and he hung up on her!  This isn't the first time that she's known before him that his friends were expecting.  I guess that's one of the perks of working in the hospital! 

Lincoln later called his friend Griff to let him know and his wife, Kindra had to get on the phone right away with me when she heard our news!  I thought for sure she was going to question my glass of lemonade at the Memorial day party, but luckily it didn't even cross her mind that I might have been pregnant. Kindra and Griff just had a baby in January so we were able to compare stories about how I've been feeling and foods I've been craving or getting sick from.

I'm still totally turned off from any kind of meat, especially chicken, which is super weird.  Before I got pregnant, chicken was about the only thing I would eat! Now I can occasionally eat some ground beef and shredded chicken if it's in something...otherwise, I'd just rather eath something without any meat in it!

I'm slowly starting to eat things other than carbs, which is a huge improvement! 

We also celebrated my sister's birthday this week and I had to pretend to order a beer while we were out to dinner so some other friends wouldn't catch on.  Luckily, my brother in law is sneaky and downed both beers for us. 

One of my college friends had their little girl this week; she is so cute and tiny!Photo: Lilliana Michelle, 6 lbs 9 oz.  Born yesterday.  Mom and baby are doing great.

Later in the weekend we met up with some friends from college in Lawrence for dinner.  They were really excited for us and have the cutest little boy who loves dancing and rocks at going down stairs on his belly at lightening speed!

This week the baby is the size of a prune and is about 1.2" long and weighs about .14 ounces.  At week 10 the baby is working it's arm joints and cartilage and bones are forming.  The vital organs are fully developed and are starting to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment