Thursday, July 4, 2013

4-ish weeks (April 14-21)

Holy cow. I'm pregnant?! We'd been trying for awhile so when the positive sign showed up on the test I had a hard time believing it.

I got up super early Saturday morning (April 20th) knowing that I was going to take a test. I had a feeling, but part of me didn't want to get too excited in case it was like other times and it turned out negative. 

Once I took the test and it was positive, I sat there for awhile trying to figure out how I was going to tell Lincoln...I still didn't have a good idea as I walked into our room with the test in my hand.  Luckily he was still asleep, so I just decided to shine a flashlight in his face to wake him up.  I told him to keep his eyes closed until I told him to open them...when he opened his eyes and saw what I was holding, all he said was "whoa, that has a plus sign on it!" Then we hugged for quite some time.  I think we were both in shock.

This all happend at around five in the morning, so we went back to sleep for awhile after that.  Once we got up for good that morning, we figured out what baby books we wanted to order from Amazon because you can't start preparing too soon, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment