Monday, July 29, 2013

18 Weeks (July 21-28)


Besides being a little more tired than normal, this week has been flying by and I've been feeling really good.  I've been noticing that my appetite is slowly coming back.  I've been able and wanting to eat more meat than in previous weeks.  Which is good!

Lincoln and I have been trying to walk more.  I usually take the dog on a 30 minute walk after work (unless it's raining or too hot outside), but we decided we both could use a little more cardio in our lives.  Our original plan this week was to get up and walk before work.  This week the temperatures have been in the 60's and 70's in the morning! It's been awesome!  My alarm, however, has not been awesome.  It goes off...but then I somehow manage to turn it off either in the middle of the night when I get up to pee, or right after it goes off around 5:10 am.

We finally made it out later in the week and it's amazing how much better I feel during the day.  It also probably didn't hurt anything, that we were both exhausted the night before and went to bed around 9:15...exercise is such a funny thing, especially if you do it in the morning.  It's SO hard to get out of bed, but once you're up and moving, it's rare that you regret that decision.

I decided to go ahead and purchase our carseat/stroller because I found it on sale at diapers.com, it was over $100 off of every other retail store AND they had free shipping AND I got a $25 gift card...it was really too hard to pass up.  Plus, now that I have it early, I can wheel Laila around the house in it.

She might look scared, but her tail is wagging :)
 
One evening Lincoln and I took Laila on a little longer of a walk than she was used to and I think she would have preferred that we took her in the stroller.  She came home and laid around like this for quite awhile:
 
 


 
The past few weeks my obsession has been with sweet corn.  My family grows it, so in the summer, we really have an unlimited supply.  One night for dinner I ate three ears.  THREE!  I had some other veggies, but otherwise, that was pretty much all that I ate.  As I mentioned above, my appetite is slowly coming back, so more and more things are sounding better to eat, which makes it easier to cook meals at home for Lincoln and I!
 


 
 
I really haven't felt like cooking or baking much up until this week.  However, I got home one night and made this knock-off Panera bread Chicken and wild rice soup--it was so good! Almost as good as Panera's and I'm sure much lower in fat and calories (also I realize it is the end of July and not the best time of year for soup making, but it sounded good....).  Along with the soup, I made Chocolate Chip Banana Bread cookies, and monkey bread.  Lincoln was gone for the night, so I spent most of it in the kitchen!
 
I am slowly starting to show...I think.  Most of the time it still looks like I'm bloated. 
 
 
 
This week the baby is the size of a sweet potato and is about 5.6" long and weighs about 6.7 ounces.  The baby is growing pretty rapidly and I should start feeling more hungry.  The baby is also yawning, hiccuping, sucking, and swallowing as well as twisting, rolling, punching, and kicking too.  So far, there's been one time where I think I felt the baby move...but I'm not 100% sure.  It's still early, for new mom's, they say you may start feeling the baby move between weeks 18-26. 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment