Thursday, July 4, 2013

14 weeks (June 23-30)

This week I started out feeling a little bloated. Hence the picture below.  Some days I feel like the baby bump is really out there and other days, I don't feel like it's there at all...

This week I also felt a little more cranky-pants than I normally have.  I really had no good reason for it! Stupid little things would just irritate me more than normal. 

We finally had our next doctors appointment this week and this was the one where we would (hopefully) hear the heartbeat.  A lot of people already knew that we were expecting, but we were holding off on making a big announcement or sharing openly with everyone up until this appointment.

On Friday, we went to the doctor and they found the heartbeat pretty quickly and it was a strong 152 beats per minute.  Of course, right after I got up I had to look and see if this meant we were having a girl or boy, because obviously this theory would be right!  Apparently, we're having a girl, which is what everyone keeps telling me anyway.  We'll have to wait another month to find out!

I'm still kind of weird about food...I still don't really care for meat.  If it's in something (like spaghetti or tacos) I'll usually eat some of it or pick it out if I really don't want it.  I still love all kinds of fruit along with any kind of carb. And ice cream.  I feel like I get full a lot quicker, so I don't really feel like I've been over-eating. 

As of the doctors appointment on Friday, I still havent' gained any weight, even though I feel like a fatass.  Some of my pants don't fit as well as they used to so I've reverted to putting a rubberband in the button hole to keep them from falling down or from buttoning them and cutting off circulation.




The baby is the size of a lemon and is about 3.4" long and weighs about 1.5 ounces.  It has almost doubled in weight from last week and keeps on growing!  Right now, the baby is probably sucking its thumb and wiggling its toes, as well as growing a peach-fuzz like hair all over its body to help keep warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment