Thursday, July 4, 2013

12 Weeks (June 9-16)

Some of the best news for this week is that someone bought our other house in town and we close this Friday, June 14th!  We're so excited to get rid of the extra mortgage payment and all of the bills that go along with it.  Someone must have known that babies are expensive and that we'll need all of that money very soon...

Besides that, I've been feeling pretty good.  Not extrememly tired, even though I've been sleeping like crap and still able to eat pretty much whatever I want. 

This week I'm still obsessed with watermelon and my newest obsession is eating tomatoes with cottage cheese.  I can't eat enough tomatoes!

I did develop this awesome pain in my lower back that has caused me to wake up at night and makes it painful to sit, stand, walk, and lie down.   I finally made a visit to the chiropractor and apparently I have a slipped sacroiliac joint. The good news is that my doctor made my pain level go down a little bit, the bad news is its going to take quite a few adjustments before I feel normal again...

Apparently this is common in pregnant women because the hormones released during pregnancy relax the ligaments of the body to allow for the pelvis to enlarge. It feels AWESOME. Let me tell you.

One of my good college friends had her baby this week! She is a doll!  They didn't find out what they were having so they were surprised last night. I can't wait to go and meet her!

Photo: My boys now have two nieces to buy wine coolers and zima for; in order to meet their friends! May this be a loooooong time from now. 
Welcome Nora Jane Reedy.

This week the baby is the size of a plum and is measuring about 2.1" long and .49 ounces.  The baby pretty much has all of it's parts and it's main job is to keep growing.  It's also developing reflexes and most likely if I poke my belly, the baby will move--it's opening and closing fingers and curling it's toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment