Monday, July 22, 2013

17 Weeks (July 14-July 21)

This week was such a better week for me!  Phew! I am still feeling really good and my attitude seemed to be so much better this week (or at least as much as I could tell...)

I golfed Tuesday night at women's league and it was so incredibly sweaty. There were much hotter days last year, but I could enjoy a few cold beers to keep me cool...water helped this time around, but I still was having a hard time enjoying myself because of the heat.  I didn't last too long!

We finished priming the baby's room! It looks so much better just being primed!  It's so much lighter and brighter in the room now.  We're excited to pick out a color and get the room kind of put together.



On Wednesday, we celebrated my birthday (just a few days late!) at work by going to a Hibachi Restaurant in Topeka.  It was so fun and the food was really good!

Thursday, I took the day off and went shopping for maternity clothes with my mom and sister in Kansas City.  I found so much stuff at Destination Maternity.  I was a little scared to tell Lincoln how much I spent...I didn't feel like I bought anything that I absolutely woulnd't need--I got some basics--jeans, dress pants, leggings, and a few shirts that I'll hopefully be able to layer with a cardigan in the fall/winter.

I definitely felt more pregnant when I tried on maternity clothes!  I've been wearing my regular pants and have been using a rubberband to keep them up, but I've been feeling like it makes my belly look weird.  The maternity pants definitely make my belly show up a little more!

 
 
This week the baby is the size of an onion and is about 5.1" long and weighs about 5.9 ounces.  The baby is putting some meat on it's bones and is growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment