Monday, January 24, 2011

food on friday

Oopsie.  I didn't get this posted on Friday!

OMG. Let me introduce you to the best thing ever: Black Bean Dip from So Long Saloon, Manhattan, KS.

Yes, it looks like there's a lot of cheesey goodness and that it's probably full of fat, but it is sooo worth the calories.

I make my own version that's almost as good:
2 cans of black beans drained
1/2 of a package of low fat or fat free cream cheese
3/4 c of raspberry chipotle sauce
1/2 cup of pepperjack cheese

In a greased 8x8 pan pour in black beans then layer in raspberry chipolte sauce and cream cheese (I also add in a little garlic powder and red pepper flakes). Top with shredded cheese and bake at 350* for 25 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips.



Let me also introduce you to "The Nancy" or cheap ass beer with some pineapple juice in it.  So delicious.

One of my besties Jess (who lives in TX) came to Manhattan for the weekend to cheer on the cats and go to a fun concert.  Whenever any of us are back in Manhattan, So Long is a must.  Not only do they have the tasty dip above, but their hamburgers are to die for.

Jess and I in Manhattan!

4 comments:

  1. I'm leary of the raspberry part, but otherwise it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the raspberry part makes the dip; i promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my sweet lord I want that bean dip. now. give it.

    ReplyDelete