Sunday, January 23, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

...even though Christmas happened over a month ago, dammit.

The snow is back. 



I'm sure some of you are looking at these pictures thinking that it looks so pretty (and it does), but it sucks balls driving in it and even worse having to shovel it out of my driveway repeatedly.


As luck would have it, I broke my shovel about a quarter of the way into shovelling the other night.  Perfect. 


And then, like angels, my neighbors across the street (who I thought wanted nothing to do with me) came over and offered to help me!  PRAISE THE LORD.


I seriously could have kissed them both on the mouth (no dad, he's not single or attractive, he's like your age...a grandpa).  I was this close to quitting and just waiting for the snow to melt off eventually (even though we're supposed to be getting MORE).


As I was shovelling I started thinking about how much I loved playing in the snow as a kid and wondered when I started disliking it so much. 


I mean even in college the snow was pretty awesome.  We would skip class to play snow football or to have a huge snowball fight with our neighbors, or to go sledding somewhere.  So apparently my hatred came when I started having to drive in rush-hour traffic in snow storms. 


There's something about going 5 mph in blizzard-like conditions with maniacs on the road that does it to you.  That or the fact that a 20 minute drive turns into a 2 hour drive home.

I will admit that when I'm at home and the snow is falling that it is beautiful.  If only I could stay at home all day to enjoy it.

While this winter hasn't been quite as bad (yet) as last year, I can honestly say that if it didn't snow again for quite some time that I'd be perfectly fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment