Tuesday, January 18, 2011

my house is falling apart.

Ok, not really falling apart, but I feel like it.


First of all, the damn moles are back in my backyard.  And the ground is too frozen to set a trap to catch the jerks.  I don't understand how they can make these terrible looking mounds when the ground is so hard?


 Also, a chunk of my roof came off apparently in a wind storm or something.




So, what's a girl to do? 


Talk to my neighbor, duh.


He volunteered to put shingles back on my roof for me as long as it was something that he'd be able to fix; which means that he will have to climb up on my really high roof and then afix the shingles somehow. 


As luck would have it, he has a huge box of shingles that match mine in his garage, AND he fixed it the day after I talked to him about it!  I can't tell you how lucky I am to live where I live.  I don't know what I'd do or how poor I'd be if I didn't have nice people living around me!


Looks like I'll be having to do a little more than a batch of cookies and beer this time around....

2 comments:

  1. That is so nice of him. Is he single? Is he hot? We have 1 family like that in our neighborhood. We always help eachother out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your nice neighbours!!

    ReplyDelete